National Volunteer Week, which begins on Monday, celebrates volunteering around Australia, by promoting the value of volunteers' contribution and inspiring more people to become volunteers.
More than five million Australians over 18 do some voluntary work and annually contribute over 710 million work hours.
The City works with volunteers in Meals on Wheels, Over 55 Centres, Multicultural programs, Archives and events and festivals. Earlier this year City staff volunteered to help with the massive clean up in Brisbane following the Queensland floods. Justices of the Peace volunteer their services to certify and witness documents. Their Association is holding their conference this weekend, and and as its Patron I will attend their dinner to thank them for their contributions.
Please contact Leanne in my Electorate Office if you are interested in acting as a Justice of the Peace.
Volunteers work on my election campaigns, distribute newsletters to constituents and work in my Electorate Office, and I really value their help and support.
- National Volunteer Week: Monday 9 May - Sunday 15 May
- website www.nationalvolunteerweek.com.au
- Volunteering with the City of Sydney http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Community/ServicesAndPrograms/Volunteer/Default.asp
- NSW Justices Association www.nswja.org.au
- Volunteering in my Electorate Office, telephone 9360 3053