The City's support for small business continues with further Village Partnership Grants to business groups covering Haymarket, Potts Point and Pyrmont and Ultimo. The grants will help these groups promote businesses in their local areas over the next 12 months.
The groups receiving the grants are:
- Haymarket Chamber of Commerce, which is receiving $72,000 to help build an iPhone app featuring self-guided walking tours of Chinatown, create a newsletter for member businesses and membership banners as well as website support;
- Potts Point Partnership, which is receiving $80,000 to support a Shop Local campaign, produce networking events and workshops for local business members and further develop its website; and
- Pyrmont Ultimo Chamber of Commerce, which is receiving $80,000 to help the Chamber to produce a visitor guide and its monthly community news letter, undertake a Shop Local campaign, and host quarterly networking events and activities to engage the creative sector.
Council is also providing cash sponsorship of $20,000 towards the 2012 Pyrmont Festival of Food Wine and Art which will be presented by the Pyrmont Ultimo Chamber of Commerce from for 18 to 27 May. The previous two festivals have raised Pyrmont's profile as a leading area for dining and established links between local businesses and NSW winemakers from the Hunter and Mudgee.
- Village Partnership Grants Program, click HERE.
- Council report on funding for Haymarket Chamber of Commerce and Potts Point Partnership, click HERE.
- Council reports on funding for Pyrmont Ultimo Chamber of Commerce and Pyrmont Festival of Food Wine and Art, click HERE.
- Haymarket Chamber of Commerce website: www.haymarketchamber.org.au
- Potts Point Partnership website: www.kingscrossonline.com.au
- Pyrmont Ultimo Chamber of Commerce website: www.pucc.com.au