The NSW Government has set aside $300,000 for community building projects in Sydney. The funds must be used for capital works or large equipment projects that can be completed by March 2012.
MPs are asked to rate projects according to their social, recreational or environmental benefit, especially for disadvantaged groups; links with other organisations; job creation; and wider community access. Technical experts also provide ratings.
There have been a lot of applications, with requests totalling $1.5 million - much more than can be funded. I need your help in prioritising the list I put to the Government.
Please let me know what you think of these applications.
Applications for the Sydney electorate are:
1. St Matthias Anglican Church Paddington - drainage, roof repairs, photovoltaic panels, bollards
2. St John's Anglican Church Darlinghurst - disability toilet and kitchen upgrade
3. St Barnabas Anglican Church Broadway - footpath and driveway works
4. St Barnabas Anglican Church Broadway - awnings and seating
5. St Michael's Anglican Church Surry Hills - rewiring, lighting upgrade
6. St Philip's Anglican Church Sydney CBD - kitchen upgrade, CCTV, shade awning
7. PCYC Woolloomooloo - window repairs, fly screens
8. PCYC Woolloomooloo - roof repairs
9. PCYC Woolloomooloo - sign, air conditioning and fans
10. Trumper Oval - cricket field refurbishment and drainage
11. First Light Care Sydney CBD - centre upgrade, including floors, windows, partitions and roof
12. KU Lance Preschool & Children's Centre - painting
13. KU Maybanke Preschool - painting
14. KU Peter Pan Paddington Preschool - painting
15. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Australia - kitchen upgrade
16. Pyrmont Heritage Boating Club Pyrmont - upgrade 1 Bank Street Building
17. Pyrmont Heritage Boating Club Pyrmont - upgrade 23m replica Viking ship
18. Sir Roden & Lady Cutler Foundation Moore Park - three new vehicles
19. Sydney Boys High School Moore Park - landscaping
20. Sydney Boys High School Moore Park - refurbish change rooms, function room sports pavilion
21. Centre for Volunteering The Rocks - chair lift and automatic doors
22. UTS Childcare Centre Ultimo - playground upgrade
23. Walla Mulla Family & Community Support Woolloomooloo - community bus
24. YWCA Chippendale - upgrade social enterprise hotel.
Please provide comments to Roy in my Electorate Office by Thursday 26 January, telephone 9360 3053 or email email@example.com.