Sunday 11 September is your next opportunity to drop off unwanted TVs, computers, printers, electronic games, batteries and other E-waste at the Bay Street Depot, Ultimo.
Since launching the E-waste service in November 2008, the City of Sydney has:
- held 11 E-waste drop off days;
- accepted around 3,470 resident drop-offs;
- collected and recycled 118 tonnes ( that's 118,000kg) of electronic waste that would otherwise have gone to land fill; and
- recycled 99 per cent of what we collected.
We are looking at expanding the City's e-waste recycling programs including setting up permanent e-waste collection stations in prominent locations around the City.
Australians generate over 140,000 tonnes of electronic waste each year. E-waste contains toxic materials and can be hazardous if not disposed off correctly. The good news is that when disposed of correctly, most of it can be recycled.
- E-waste drop-off day: Sunday 11 September, 9am - 3pm, Bay Street Depot, Corner of Bay & Macarthur St, Ultimo (entry from Macarthur St only).
- Click HERE to view information on the City's website.