(Thursday 28 November 2013, Martin Place)
Hello, everyone, welcome to the lighting of our Christmas Tree. It's great to be here with Santa to wish you all a Happy Christmas.
I hope you are all having a wonderful time? Let's thank our fantastic performers and staff for making it such a fabulous event.
In a very few moments, Lauren and I will be lighting up this beautiful interactive Christmas tree.
I hope you will support our Charity Partner, the Australian Children's Music Foundation who enrich children's lives with music. What would Christmas be without music?
I also want to thank our generous sponsors for supporting these celebrations:
- American Express
- Sunday Style and 2DAY FM and
- Westfield Sydney
And I want to wish all of you, and your families and friends, a great time here this evening, and a very happy, safe and peaceful Christmas.
- Town Hall projections until Christmas
- Choirs and roving entertainers here and in Pitt Street Mall every Thursday evening
- Christmas trees across the City Of Sydney
- Village concerts in Rushcutters Bay, Rosebery, Alexandria and Surry Hills