Fashionistas in Sydney's villages this August and September could grab themselves a designer bargain when Sydney is Fashion hits the retail hotspots of Paddington, Newtown and Surry Hills.
Now in its third year, Sydney Is Fashion brings together Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival and Vogue Fashion's Night Out. This year it welcomes three new village-based fashion events: Paddington is Fashion, Newtown is Fashion and Surry Hills is Fashion.
Well known as some of Sydney's most popular and stylish shopping precincts, the three villages will host fashion activations, in-store events and special offers.
Lord Mayor Clover Moore said the events supported Australia's fashion and retail industries, bringing shoppers, locals, retailers and designers together.
"Sydney is Fashion celebrates our local fashion and creative industry," the Lord Mayor said.
"It supports local jobs and businesses and attracts visitors who boost the economy."
"Our best designers, models and creative minds will light up Sydney Town Hall for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival Sydney and a series of pop-up fashion events will shine the spotlight on our villages."
The new village events will bring out the personality and fashion flavour of each village, showcasing everything that Sydney's most charming and fashionable precincts have to offer.
Paddington's mix of high-end boutiques and emerging designers will offer shoppers in-store events and special offers as they wander down Oxford Street, William Street and Glenmore Road, browsing the best international and Australian labels.
The independent designers of Surry Hills - Sydney's original home of the rag trade - have a focus on innovative design. Their event will entice visitors with VIP events, special offers, in-store activations and the vintage feel of well-known Surry Hills markets.
Retro and vintage retailers are the hallmark of Newtown, which boasts everything from vintage stores to home-grown designers such as Yoshi Jones. Along with in-store events and special offers, Newtown's Dendy Theatre will be showing fashion-themed films during Sydney is Fashion.
Other Sydney is Fashion events include:
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival Sydney - 21-24 August: four days of runway shows from some of Sydney's leading designers will bring a little extra sparkle to Sydney Town Hall;
- Paddington is Fashion - 24-25 August: in-store activities and special offers along the tree-lined streets of a village home to some of Sydney's most iconic labels;
- Newtown is Fashion - 22 and 29 August and 5 September: in-store activities and events will come to the stores of Newtown; along with one-off fashion film screenings at Newtown's Dendy cinema.
- Vogue Fashion's Night Out - 5 September: from Pitt Street Mall to Martin Place, the City will come alive with live performances, runway shows and interactive events; and
- Surry Hills is Fashion, 31 August and 7 September - in-store events and designer discounts pop up in the boutique-filled, original home of Sydney style.
For more information visit: sydneyisfashion.com.au
For interviews with Lord Mayor Clover Moore, contact Jonathon Larkin.
Phone 0477 310 149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org