Woollahra Council is calling for community comment on its draft Tree Management Policy, which is on exhibition until Wednesday 20 April.
The policy covers trees on public and private land, including parks, streets and backyards, and includes:
- provisions for removing and pruning trees on private property;
- options for pruning for solar access and views;
- selection of site-appropriate trees;
- principles for a Street Tree Masterplan to be developed;
- tree preservation orders;
- vandalism and tree poisoning; and
- noxious or undesirable tree species.
Tree cover in Paddington, Woollahra and Edgecliff has been a key heritage feature of the inner east, and trees are vital for managing local environments as well as global climate changes. I encourage you to have your say.