The NSW Planning Assessment Commission will be holding a public meeting to hear community concerns about the redevelopment proposal for the Paddington Scottish Hospital site at 3 pm on Monday 23 April at the Paddington RSL Club, 220-232 Oxford Street Paddington.
The Department of Planning has recommended approval of the proposal with minor changes:
- increasing the setback for levels three, four, five, six and seven from Stephen Street by at least two metres
- screening the site electricity substation from view
- minor changes for stormwater, water and waste water mains, and
- construction and tree management plans to be approved by Woollahra Council.
My submission on the proposal asked the Planning Minister to reduce the scale of the proposal and protect the important urban forest on the site. There is considerable resident concern about overdevelopment, inappropriate and unsympathetic design, loss of trees and green landscaping, loss of views, and traffic impacts.
This meeting is an opportunity for residents to raise concerns directly with the decision makers. You need to register beforehand to speak at the meeting.
- Project details http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=3779
- Contact Stephanie Calderaro, phone 9383 2112 or email@example.com by 4 pm Thursday 19 April.