This week's announcement of the Community Building Partnership grants will make a real difference for many people across our community. The State Government grants will help upgrade equipment, make urgent repairs and provide transport.
This year, $300,000 in grants has been allocated to Sydney to build better facilities including:
- disability access at St John's Church Darlinghurst $48,988
- roof repairs, signs, air conditioning and fans at Sydney PCYC $42,402
- drainage works at Trumper Park Paddington $50,000
- painting the KU Lance childcare centre in Millers Point $24,323
- kitchen and flooring at Psychiatric Rehabilitation Centre Surry Hills Buckingham House $30,000
- car replacement for Sir Roden and Lady Cutler Pick Me Up Service $15,000
- chair lift and automatic door at the NSW Volunteering Centre $34,287, and
- community bus for Walla Mulla Family and Community Support Woolloomooloo $55,000.
Thanks to everyone who applied for a grant and congratulations to those selected by the Government for grants.